Thursday 26 June 2014

The Godiva Guide to... Storing Jewellery

I've loved jewellery for as long as I can remember. I used to sit in my granny's conservatory threading those neon pony beads onto embroidery thread (causing havoc when I inevitably spilled them all across the tiled floor), and I can still remember that feeling of sadness when I could no longer squeeze my Christening bangle over my chubby little hands. Now I've graduated to having precious pieces of family jewellery passed down to me - and lusting over all the quirky necklaces and rings we have at Godiva!

I'd say the only drawback to working in a shop like Godiva is wanting to buy everything. It's difficult enough when you just come in to browse, but when you spend hours here on a regular basis it takes a lot of will power to not spend all your wages on covetable pieces from Runaway Fox or And Mary - I guess you could say I live vicariously through our customers!

But I do treat jewellery as more than just sparkly trinkets to be worn; jewellery can be little works of art, too. I'm always searching for new ways to display my favourite pieces since I think it's a shame to hide them away in a box or a drawer somewhere. Here's some inspiration:







all images from pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment